[Numpy-discussion] building NumPy with Intel CC & MKL

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 13:20:05 CST 2007

rex wrote:
> Thanks for the URL. It would not have occurred to me to read
> "alt-install-windows" since I don't do Windows, and haven't since 1999.

The name of the file is a quirk of the documentation generation program. The
table of contents, though, is quite clear about that chapter's generality.

> This is exceedingly frustrating; it's not new -- numpy/scipy are very
> important to me, but they have been very difficult to install under SUSE
> for years.

Yes. I would never inflict SuSE on anyone. I encourage you to try Ubuntu. It is
mostly sane and especially so when it comes to Python.

Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco