[Numpy-discussion] Newbee question - looking to use Numpy to solve permutation problem

Chris Toczycki ctoczycki at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 27 21:00:31 CST 2007

I am looking to find a solution to a problem and believe that Numpy may
help.  I'd appreciate some advice and/or direction and I'll pursue from

The problem is that I am looking for a most efficient solution where I have
to select 25 solutions where the highest pair-covariance value is the lowest
of all possible 25 solution combinations.  There are possible 95 solutions
to choose from and I have a 95 x 95 matrix of pair-covariance values.

Thanks in advance.