[Numpy-discussion] Requests for NumPy Ports?

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Wed Jan 31 11:37:35 CST 2007

Travis Oliphant wrote:
> Most of these are probably the gtk-python extension which can use
> Numeric

This strikes me as an excellent argument for including an n-d array in
the Python standard lib.

I can't imagine gtk-python is doing a lot of scientific number crunching
-- it's probably using arrays as a handy and compact n-d data storage
and exchange format. It might be interesting to see how it's really
being used, and if the PEP would meet its needs.

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov