[Numpy-discussion] Should bool_ subclass int?

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Fri Jul 6 16:25:27 CDT 2007

Timothy Hochberg wrote:
> I'm working on getting some old code working with numpy and I noticed
> that bool_ is not a subclass of int. Given that python's bool subclasses
> into and that the other scalar types are subclasses of their respective
> counterparts it seems at first glance that numpy.bool_ should subclass
> python's bool, which in turn subclasses int. Or am I missing something here?

That would certainly be desirable. There might be a technical reason why it's
not, but if you can do it, and it seems to work for you, let's check it in.

Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco