[Numpy-discussion] Should I use numpy array?

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Wed Jul 25 14:40:17 CDT 2007

Geoffrey Zhu wrote:
> Hi,
> I am writing a function that would take a list of datetime objects and
> a list of single letter characters (such as ["A","B","C"]). The number
> of items tend to be big and both the list and the numpy array have all
> the functionalities I need.
> Do you think I should use numpy arrays or the regular lists?

If lists have all the functionality that you need, then I would probably
recommend sticking with them if the contents are going to be objects rather than
numbers. numpy object arrays can be tricky.

Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco