[Numpy-discussion] VMWare Virtual Appliance of Ubuntu with numpy, scipy, matplotlib, and ipython available

Sven Schreiber svetosch@gmx....
Mon Jun 11 05:43:35 CDT 2007

Alex schrieb:
> I run VMWare Player and it works fine - easy to setup and easy to
> setup a Matlab replacement. I only wonder how to transfer files
> between the Windows XP and the Ubuntu VM?

Apart from using usb sticks (AFAIK VMware still has issues with usb 2.0
though) I think the experts usually call a samba or ftp server on the
linux side the cleanest solution. The ultimate thing in terms of user
friendliness would be if the numpy virtual appliance already had that

And now let the experts step forward to announce better and easier