[Numpy-discussion] Incompatability of svn 3868 distutils with v10.0 Intel compilers and MKL9.1

rex rex@nosyntax....
Thu Jun 14 02:54:36 CDT 2007

Matthieu Brucher <matthieu.brucher@gmail.com> [2007-06-14 00:39]:
>     cc_exe = 'icc -g -fomit-frame-pointer -xT -fast'
> Just some comments on that :
> - in release mode, you should not use '-g', it slows down the execution of your

I didn't look it up; it was carried over from an example. I agree.

> program
> - -fast uses -xT for the moment ;)

So it does. I missed it. :(

> - -fomit-pointer is the default as soon as there is no -O0 or -g

Didn't know this.

I hope to put some detailed openSUSE 10.2 specific build instructions
from source (both for gcc and Intel software) on the SciPy wiki, and
your corrections are helpful. Thanks.

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves
up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."    --Winston Churchill