[Numpy-discussion] No module named Numeric for numpy-1.0.1.win32-py2.5.exe on Python 2.5

Haw-Jye Shyu shyu@yahoo....
Sun Mar 11 11:10:45 CDT 2007

Hi folks:

How are you?
I am a newbie to the Numpy. Today, I have downloaded numpy-1.0.1.win32-py2.5.exe
from the web site of

I double clicked on the numpy-1.0.1.win32-py2.5.exe and the installation seems to run smoothly,
seeing the installation winidows saying "Click the finish button to exit the setup wizard".

And yet, when I type in import Numric in the window of Python Shell, I got this follow
message:ImportError: No module named Numeric. It said I did not install the Numpy.
Following is a screen shot from my Python Shell. Please help. Your help is highly appreciated.

Howard Shyu

Python 2.5 (r25:51908, Sep 19 2006, 09:52:17) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)] on win32

    Personal firewall software may warn about the connection IDLE
    makes to its subprocess using this computer's internal loopback
    interface.  This connection is not visible on any external
    interface and no data is sent to or received from the Internet.
IDLE 1.2
>>> import Numeric

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in <module>