[Numpy-discussion] Contiguous flags not quite right yet.

Travis Oliphant oliphant@ee.byu....
Thu Mar 22 17:19:36 CDT 2007

Charles R Harris wrote:

> All three shapes are both C_CONTIGUOUS and F_CONTIGUOUS. I think
> ignoring all 1's in the shape would give the right results  for
> otherwise contiguous arrays because in those positions the index can
> only take the value 0.
I've thought about this before too.  But, every time I've tried to do
something like that with the flags, I get many errors in numpy and scipy
because of the way contiguousness is actually used.  Somehow, I've never
gotten the right check to allow additional striding arrays to work

The _IsContiguous
and _IsFortranContiguous

functions are what should be changed if anything is done.