[Numpy-discussion] Simple multi-arg wrapper for dot()

Alan G Isaac aisaac@american....
Sat Mar 24 08:44:21 CDT 2007

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007, "Steven H. Rogers" apparently wrote:
> It looks like reduce(), map(), and filter() are going away for Python
> 3.0 since GvR believes that they are redundant and list comprehensions
> and generator expressions are more readable alternatives.  lambda was on
> the block as well, but will be retained.

I assume you are referring to

As I understand it, **if** reduce, map, and filter "go
away", they will go away as built-ins and become available
in a ``functional`` module.

That said, I think losing reduce as a built-in would be sad.
It is math friendly.

Alan Isaac