[Numpy-discussion] matrix indexing question

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Tue Mar 27 16:34:52 CDT 2007

Alan G Isaac wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Mar 2007, Robert Kern apparently wrote:
>> Gram-Schmidt orthogonalization
> I take it from context that you consider it desirable
> to end up with a list of matrices?

Honestly, I don't care. You asked about iteration, and I gave you an example
where it was important that the iterates were matrices (such that .T worked

Please stop moving the goal posts.

> I guess I would find it more natural to work with the
> arrays, but perhaps that starts just being taste.

Personally, I find working with arrays from start to finish the most natural.

If you really want iterates to be arrays, just use .A.

Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco