[Numpy-discussion] numpy 1.04 numpy.test() hang

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Thu Nov 8 12:12:42 CST 2007

Geoffrey Zhu wrote:
> Good morning.
> I just installed the Windows binary of numpy 1.04. When I ran
> numpy.test() in IDLE (the Python shell that comes with Python), the
> program hang (or at least is running for half an hour). I am using
> Windows XP, duel core intel CPU.
> Does anyone know what is going on?

No. Run numpy.test(verbosity=2) so it will print out each test name before
running the test. Then we might have some idea about where the hang is coming from.

Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco