[Numpy-discussion] abstraction and interfaces

Alan G Isaac aisaac@american....
Fri Oct 12 08:20:50 CDT 2007

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007, Renato Serodio apparently wrote:
> The scripts that produce these metrics use Scipy/Numpy
> functions that operate on data conveniently converted to
> numpy arrays. They're quite specific, and I tend to
> produce/tweak a lot of them. So, to fit in this
> application someone suggested I programmed 'interfaces'
> (in java jargon) to them - that way I could develop the
> whole wrapper application without giving much thought to
> the actual number-crunching bits.

That sounds quite right.  Check out
for examples that may be relevant to your project.

Python does not have interfaces per se, but that does
not stop you from designing interface-like classes and
inheriting from them.

Alan Isaac