[Numpy-discussion] a simple question about f2py

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl@gmail....
Wed Oct 24 16:12:53 CDT 2007

On 10/24/07, Pauli Virtanen <ptvirtan@elisanet.fi> wrote:
>Using a hack like this, it's also possible to pass derived type
object >pointers,  "type(Typename), pointer", from the Python side to
the >Fortran side, as opaque handles.

Could you please send/point me an example of how I can actually pass
Fortran pointers between Python and Fortran? I cannot get that

I'm trying to allocate arrays in Fortran, get a opaque handle to it in
Python, and finally pass-back the pointer to Fortran for
deallocation... Is this possible?

Lisandro Dalcín
Tel/Fax: +54-(0)342-451.1594