[Numpy-discussion] Anyone have a well-tested SWIG-based C++ STL valarray <=> numpy.array typemap to share?

David M. Cooke cookedm@physics.mcmaster...
Fri Sep 7 08:59:50 CDT 2007

"Bill Spotz" <wfspotz@sandia.gov> writes:

> On Sep 5, 2007, at 11:38 AM, Christopher Barker wrote:
>> Of course, it should be possible to write C++ wrappers around the core
>> ND-array object, if anyone wants to take that on!
> boost::python has done this for Numeric, but last I checked, they
> have not upgraded to numpy.

Even then, their wrappers went through the Python interface, not the C
API. So, it's no faster than using Python straight.