[Numpy-discussion] binomial, multinomial coefficients

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Fri Sep 14 15:24:44 CDT 2007

Charles R Harris wrote:
> Does anyone know if there are routines in scipy to compute these
> numbers?

scipy.misc.comb() will handle the binomial coefficients. A ufunc or an
implementation that would broadcast would be welcome, though. I don't think we
have one for multinomial coefficients.

> If not, I could code some up if there is any interest. As a
> related question, are there routines for returning the probabilities (as
> opposed to random number generators) for the various distributions?

scipy.stats should have all of the 1D pdfs though not the multinomial.

Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco