[Numpy-discussion] #734: interactive docstring search (lookfor)

Thu Apr 10 18:43:25 CDT 2008

Travis E. Oliphant wrote:
>> I think this is a good idea: full-namespace docstring search à la Matlab
>> lookfor. I wrote a quick implementation for numpy here:
>> http://scipy.org/scipy/numpy/ticket/734

> I'm happy to move this functionality into numpy (but it might be better
> in IPython).

Is there anything numpy/scypi specific about it? I
d like to use this kind of thing with other packages, in which case it
definitely does not belong in numpy or scipy.

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax