[Numpy-discussion] Distutils: using different linker options for c++ and c code

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Thu Apr 17 23:15:54 CDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 10:56 PM, David Cournapeau
<david@ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> Robert Kern wrote:
>  >
>  > It seems that Giovanni is getting his gcc from here:
>  >
>  >   http://www.tdragon.net/recentgcc/
>  >
>  > which also appears to have gfortran binaries, too.
>  Would that be acceptable to use for numpy/scipy ? I mean, is it enough
>  if we say to people: you need to install mingw from there instead of the
>  official ones if you want to build both numpy and scipy ?

Well, if the official mingw team is committed to not supporting the
features that we need, then yes, absolutely. This appears to be the

Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
 -- Umberto Eco