[Numpy-discussion] Distutils: using different linker options for c++ and c code

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Fri Apr 18 00:04:22 CDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 11:49 PM, David Cournapeau
<david@ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> Robert Kern wrote:
>  >
>  > Well, if the official mingw team is committed to not supporting the
>  > features that we need, then yes, absolutely. This appears to be the
>  > case.
>  Well, this does not seem to work either with gcc 4.3* releases. I got
>  segfaults too. So should we use VS built instead for numpy and scipy in
>  the future ?

Quite possibly. Can you run the segfaulting code in a debugger so we
can try to isolate the actual cause? It is possible that we can patch
it up to work with msvcr71.

Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
 -- Umberto Eco