[Numpy-discussion] EPD PIL _imaging C module

Lin Shao shao@msg.ucsf....
Thu Apr 24 14:24:35 CDT 2008

Running scipy.test() in the latest EPD windows distribution, I got the
following exception:

ERROR: test_imresize (scipy.misc.tests.test_pilutil.test_pilutil)
Traceback (most recent call last):
line 17, in test_imresize
    im1 = pilutil.imresize(im,T(1.1))
line 225, in imresize
    im = toimage(arr)
line 104, in toimage
    image = Image.fromstring('L',shape,bytedata.tostring())
line 1743, in fromstring
    im = new(mode, size)
line 1710, in new
    return Image()._new(core.fill(mode, size, color))
line 36, in __getattr__
    raise ImportError("The _imaging C module is not installed")
ImportError: The _imaging C module is not installed

It's a bit strange because I do see _imging.pyd in the PIL folder. I'm using
XP 32-bit.