[Numpy-discussion] What/when is the next release ?

Jarrod Millman millman@berkeley....
Mon Aug 4 12:31:38 CDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 10:17 AM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know what the schedule is, but if you have a bug fix it is probably
> a good idea to back port it to 1.1.x  so that any future release will be
> easier. Also, if you do do the backport, put an informative comment with the
> commit.

I agree with the caveat that your focus should be mostly on 1.2 at
this point.  If your fix for 1.2 is not easy to back port to 1.1.x, I
wouldn't worry about it too much.  Ideally we will get all the fixes
in 1.2 back to 1.1.x, but it isn't absolutely essential that every fix
make it back.  That said I would really like to see as many fixes as
possible applied to both the trunk and the last stable release branch.

Jarrod Millman
10 Giannini Hall, UC Berkeley
phone: 510.643.4014