[Numpy-discussion] C99 math funcs and windows

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Wed Aug 13 16:11:16 CDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 3:20 PM, Matthieu Brucher
<matthieu.brucher@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Do some people have a strong opinion on that ? Disabling sounds like
>> the way to go for 1.2.0, but at some point, we will have to deal with
>> this C99 problem on windows if people add more C99 code in it.
> Besides, not every one has a C99 compliant compiler on Windows... Is
> mingw compatible with VS 9.0 now ?

Actually, the problem may well be different from what I first thought.
Still the compiler on windows situation is a bit worrying, because we
will need this compatibility with VS 2008 (for 2.6, typically). There
are some alpha somewhere for 4.3.0 (alpha quality), and some binaries

But building extensions with 4.3.0 does not work IIRC. I am working on
it right now, actually.