[Numpy-discussion] Reusing Guide to Numpy (in the doc marathon)

Pauli Virtanen pav@iki...
Tue Aug 26 06:24:24 CDT 2008

Mon, 25 Aug 2008 11:18:52 +0000, Pauli Virtanen wrote:
> 	https://code.launchpad.net/~pauli-virtanen/scipy/numpy-refguide
> 	https://code.launchpad.net/~stefanv/scipy/numpy-refguide

For coordination: I'm starting to add and Sphinxify relevant C-API
reference documentation parts from Travis's book [1] (numpy/doc/numpybook/
capi.lyx) to the above "reference manual".

Big thanks to Travis for making the book free!

Good ideas what to do with the overlap in numpy.doc.* docstrings and the
material in the book is also appreciated; I wasn't present in Scipy'08,
so I'd be interested in hearing what kind of conclusions were reached

I think it would also be great if some of the documentation in the book
eventually hit the Numpy docstrings: I'd encourage everyone currently
writing stuff in the Documentation Marathon to take a look at the book:
the material describing functions etc. looks excellent for making good

.. [1] http://www.tramy.us/numpybook.pdf

   (Note that this PDF is apparently slightly old and still says the book
    is released only in 2010 and not in 2008 like the version in numpy SVN

Pauli Virtanen