[Numpy-discussion] Getting started with numscons build system

Eric Firing efiring@hawaii....
Sat Feb 9 12:37:55 CST 2008

When I try to build numscons-0.3.4 from the tarball, I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "setup.py", line 74, in <module>
     import release as R
ImportError: No module named release

Where should the "release" module be coming from?  I've never heard of
it before.