[Numpy-discussion] numpy.random.randint() inconsistent with plain random.randint()

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Mon Feb 25 15:39:35 CST 2008

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 2:58 PM, Christopher Kerr <gingekerr@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know if this is the right place to report bugs, but I couldn't find
>  anywhere else on the website...
>  random.randint(min,max) from python core returns an integer between min and
>  max inclusive. The documentation on the website says that
>  numpy.random.randint(min,max [,size]) does this too, but it in fact only
>  ever returns numbers strictly less than the max, and gives an error if min
>  is equal to max

The documentation on what website? It needs to be fixed.
numpy.random.randint() is behaving correctly. numpy.random is not
intended to replace the standard library's random module.

Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco