[Numpy-discussion] FORTRAN compiler detection

Christopher Hanley chanley@stsci....
Tue Feb 26 11:50:17 CST 2008

I was wondering if within the last 8 - 10 weeks anyone has made changes
to the way FORTRAN compilers are detected.  In the past I was able to
specify which compiler was used by the F77 system variable.  However, I
am now having a f90 compiler that exists on my Solaris system detected
regardless of the F77 value.  Even unsetting the F77 variable leads to
the use of the f90 compiler.

I was going to look though the distutil change logs but I was hoping
that someone might remember changing something off the top of their heads.

Thank you for your time and help,

Christopher Hanley
Systems Software Engineer
Space Telescope Science Institute