[Numpy-discussion] loadtxt broken if file does not end in newline

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl@gmail....
Thu Feb 28 08:18:23 CST 2008

On 2/27/08, Travis E. Oliphant <oliphant@enthought.com> wrote:
> Did this discussion resolve with a fix that can go in before 1.0.5 is
>  released?

I believe the answer is yes, but we have to choose:

1- Use the regepx based solution of David.

2- Move to use 'index' instead of 'find' as proposed by Alan and
implemented by Christopher in example code.

In my view, (1) is more powerful regarding future improvements; but
(2) is far simpler if we are looking for just a fix. Someone will have
to take a decision about what approach should be followed.

Lisandro Dalcín
Tel/Fax: +54-(0)342-451.1594