[Numpy-discussion] loadtxt broken if file does not end in newline

Thu Feb 28 12:34:29 CST 2008

Lisandro Dalcin wrote:
> On 2/27/08, Travis E. Oliphant <oliphant@enthought.com> wrote:
>> Did this discussion resolve with a fix that can go in before 1.0.5 is
>>  released?
> I believe the answer is yes, but we have to choose:
> 1- Use the regepx based solution of David.

A good idea, but a feature expansion, and it needs more testing -- not
ready for 1.0.5

> 2- Move to use 'index' instead of 'find' as proposed by Alan and
> implemented by Christopher in example code.

Robert's committed that, so we're done for now (though I hope to write a
test or two soon...)

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax