[Numpy-discussion] Moving away from svn ?

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Fri Jan 4 16:25:14 CST 2008

On Jan 5, 2008 7:15 AM, Matthew Brett <matthew.brett@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I agree. I find those pages to be really bad, actually. To have better
> > informations, you should get into the mailing list of the respective
> > projects.
> Just to extend this holiday special:
> I found the mozilla DVCS discussion informative:
> http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/preed/2007/04/version_control_system_shootou_1.html
> (but graphically embarrassing)
The open solaris project documented their choice, too:

Contrary to mozilla, solaris is using hg as the main VCS. Again, a
thing to keep in mind with the mozilla thing is that bzr improved a
lot speed-wise, and that mozilla is several order of magnitudes bigger
than scipy will ever be.

To test the svn import by hg, svnsync seems to be necessary: I don't
go anywhere by using hg convert directly on scipy repository, whereas
bzr-svn does.