[Numpy-discussion] parallel numpy (by Brian Granger) - any info?

Tue Jan 8 09:30:34 CST 2008

> MKL does the multithreading on its own for level 3 BLAS instructions
> > (OpenMP). For ACML, the problem is that AMD does not provide a CBLAS
> > interface and is not interested in doing so. With ACML, the compilation
> > fails with the current Numpy, but hopefully with Scons it will work, at
> > least for the LAPACK part.
> >
> [..]
> That is news to me.  I compile NumPy with ACML regularly.  I haven't tried
> with the current trunk but it worked recently.  I have not tried the
> parallel versions, though.

Could you share with us your setup.cfg and what you did to make Numpy work
with ACML ? Last time I tried (one month ago), I had several unresolved
externals (and I'm sure ACML does not provide the CBLAS interface which is
needed by Numpy).

French PhD student