[Numpy-discussion] How to build on Solaris 10 (x86) using sunperf?

Peter Ward than@pixar....
Wed Jan 23 12:06:12 CST 2008

David Cournapeau wrote:
> The current config.h works fine for solaris with Sun compilers, in my
> experience, so the problem must be somewhere else.
> Peter, could you post the errors you got ? As an alternative, I am
> working on an alternative build system for numpy: it should work on
> solaris (tested on Indiana, and other people reported success on
> solaris
> 9 and 10). Unfortunately, I have been redesigning the internals
> quite a
> lot lately, and I have not tested the changes on solaris yet. If
> you are
> willing to test, it should be easy for me to make it work again on
> solaris in a few minutes, though.

The problems I was having were due to a bad site.cfg initially and then
a problem with the python pkg from sunfreeware (ctypes version

Numpy is now happily installed.

If you need someone to test anything new, let me know.