[Numpy-discussion] Change in the representation of complex numbers in NumPy 1.1

Francesc Alted falted@pytables....
Wed Jul 2 08:12:23 CDT 2008

I've seen that NumPy has changed the representation of complex numbers
starting with NumPy 1.1.  Before, it was:

>>> numpy.__version__
>>> repr(numpy.complex(0))    # The Python type
>>> repr(numpy.complex128(0))  # The NumPy type

Now, it is:

>>> numpy.__version__
>>> repr(numpy.complex(0))
>>> repr(numpy.complex128(0))

Not that I don't like the new way, but that broke a couple of tests of
the PyTables suite, and before fixing it, I'd like to know if the new
way would stay.  Also, I'm not certain why you have chosen a different
representation than the Python type.

Francesc Alted