[Numpy-discussion] More doctest questions

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Thu Jul 3 22:21:34 CDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 19:42, Alan McIntyre <alan.mcintyre@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 8:26 PM, Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> 1. Should we skip the numpy/f2py directory when looking for doctests?
>> I don't see anything there that should cause problems (according to my
>> understanding of the collector). Are you seeing problems?
> Actually it's a problem with the execution context restriction we
> added for NumPy doctests; they no longer have access to all the stuff
> in the module where they are declared.  So in f2py/lib/extgen/base.py,
> the Container doctest expects the Container class to be available, but
> it isn't.

f2py/lib is now gone as of today. It was the implementation of the
next version of f2py. The development of that has moved elsewhere.

Any other problems?

Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
 -- Umberto Eco