[Numpy-discussion] kinds

Charles Doutriaux doutriaux1@llnl....
Wed Jul 16 14:08:59 CDT 2008

A long long time ago, there used to be this module named "kinds"

It's totally outdated nowdays but it had one nice functionality and i
was wondering if you knew how to reproduce that

it was:

and a bunch of similar flags that would basically tell you the limits on
the machine you're running (or at least compiled on)

Any idea on how to reproduce this?

While we're at it, does anybody know of way in python to know how memory
is available on your system (similar to the free call unde rLinux) I'm
looking for something that works accross platforms (well we can forget
windows for now I could live w/o it)