[Numpy-discussion] f2py - how to use .pyf files?

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Fri Jul 18 19:15:38 CDT 2008

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 19:04, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 4:47 PM, Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com> wrote:
>> For publicly distributed packages, it does go against the grain. Never
>> hard-code the compiler! Use a setup.cfg file, instead.
> Quite all right.  But this was for in-house code where a group has
> agreed to all use the same compiler.  It's basically a matter of
> wanting
> ./setup.py install
> to work without further flags.

Right. setup.cfg is still the way to go.

> More generically, the way that
> f2py_options work is kind of confusing, since it doesn't just pass
> options to f2py :)

Probably. What other options would you need, though? If everything is
accessible from setup.cfg, I'd rather just remove the argument.

Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
 -- Umberto Eco