[Numpy-discussion] Reference guide updated

Pierre GM pgmdevlist@gmail....
Tue Jul 22 17:43:02 CDT 2008

On Tuesday 22 July 2008 18:25:23 Neil Crighton wrote:
> > A new copy of the reference guide is now available at
> > http://mentat.za.net/numpy/refguide/
> It there a reason why there's so much vertical space between all of the
> text sections?  I find the docstrings much easier to read in the editor:

* In the editor, you have one function per page, vs several function per page
in the reference
* in the editor, the blocks 'Parameters', 'Returns'... are considered as
sections, while in the reference, they are Field lists (roughly).

In the end, it's only a matter of taste, of course. But you raise an
interesting point, we should provide some kind of options to choose between

Please note as well that the reference guide is a work in progress: you're
more than welcome to join and work with us.