[Numpy-discussion] import numpy fails with multiarray.so: undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS2_FromUnicode

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Thu Jul 24 02:30:30 CDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 02:21, G <jones_gl@caltech.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have installed the svn version of numpy. I have deleted all previous versions
> of  and files related to numpy prior to installing. I also have tried
> reinstalling python from source. Regardless, when I try import numpy, I get the
> following:

Are you sure you are getting the same python executable when running
the setup.py as you are when you build numpy?

Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
 -- Umberto Eco