[Numpy-discussion] What does "Ignoring attempt to set 'name' (from ... " mean ?

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Sun Jun 1 03:49:54 CDT 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 6:58 AM, David Cournapeau
<david@ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp> wrote:
> Robert Kern wrote:
>> They're fine. Ignore them. They are silenced from the main setup.py with
>>     config.set_options(quiet=True)
> What are the cases where those message are meaningful ? I did not
> understand from the distutils code what kind of issues were related to
> this message,

There probably aren't any significant ones in production. It was
probably useful during development of the recursive setup.py feature.

Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
 -- Umberto Eco