[Numpy-discussion] 1.1.0 OSX Installer Fails Under 10.5.3?

Christopher Burns cburns@berkeley....
Tue Jun 3 22:38:32 CDT 2008

The installer works with the MacPython from python.org, not Apple's python
(the one that ships with Leopard).

The MacPython is installed in the /Library/Frameworks... It should work if
your python is here:

cburns$  python -c "import sys; print sys.prefix"

Won't work if your python is here:

cburns$  python-apple -c "import sys; print sys.prefix"

Sorry for the confusion,

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 2:33 PM, J. Stark <j.stark@imperial.ac.uk> wrote:

> I have just tried to run the 1.1.0 OSX installer on a MacBookAir
> running 10.5.3 and the installer fails with
> "You cannot install numpy 1.1.0 on this volume. numpy requires System
> Python 2.5 to install."
> The system python version reports as
> jaroslav$ python
> Python 2.5.1 (r251:54863, Apr 15 2008, 22:57:26)
> [GCC 4.0.1 (Apple Inc. build 5465)] on darwin
> which is the same version that Leopard has had all along, as far as I
> am aware. On the the other hand, there have been some reports on
> PythonMac about odd python behaviour following the 10.5.3 upgrade.
> Has anybody used this installer successfully under 10.5.3, and/or
> have any idea of what is going on.
> Incidentally, this is a new machine with just the default system
> installation.
> Jaroslav

Christopher Burns
10 Giannini Hall, UC Berkeley