[Numpy-discussion] nose changes checked in

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Mon Jun 16 22:17:43 CDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 21:18, Alan McIntyre <alan.mcintyre@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 9:04 PM, Charles R Harris
> <charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:

>> In [1]: numpy.test()
>> Not implemented: Defined_Binary_Op
>> Not implemented: Defined_Binary_Op
>> Defined_Operator not defined used by Generic_Spec
>> Needs match implementation: Allocate_Stmt
>> Needs match implementation: Associate_Construct
> <snip>
> That stream of "Not implemented" and "Needs match implementation"
> stuff comes from numpy/f2py/lib/parser/test_Fortran2003.py and
> Fortran2003.py.  I can silence most of that output by disabling those
> module-level "if 1:" blocks in those two files, but there's still
> complaints about Defined_Binary_Op not being implemented.  If someone
> more knowledgeable about that module could comment on that I'd
> appreciate it.

These files were for the in-development g3 version of f2py. That
development has moved outside of numpy, so I think they can be removed
wholesale. Some of them seem to require a Fortran 90 compiler, so I
have had them fail for me. Removing these is a high priority.

Pearu, can you confirm? Can we give you the task of removing the
unused g3 portions of f2py for the 1.2 release?

Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
 -- Umberto Eco