[Numpy-discussion] nose changes checked in

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Wed Jun 18 15:12:39 CDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 10:42, Anne Archibald <peridot.faceted@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/6/17 Alan McIntyre <alan.mcintyre@gmail.com>:

>> You can replace ParametricTest with generators, as described here:
>>     http://scipy.org/scipy/scipy/wiki/TestingGuidelines
> Hmm. This won't work with the current version of numpy, will it? That
> is, it needs nose. (I run much code on the work machines, which I
> (thankfully) do not administer, and which are running a variety of
> ancient versions of numpy (some even have only Numeric, to support
> horrible quasi-in-house C extensions).) So I'd like to write my tests
> in a way that they can run on both new and old versions of numpy.

Changing your test suites to use nose does not mean that you have to
upgrade to a new numpy. The SVN trunk of numpy needs nose, but nose
does not need the SVN trunk of numpy.

Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
 -- Umberto Eco