[Numpy-discussion] On my Cython/NumPy project

Matthew Brett matthew.brett@gmail....
Sat Jun 21 17:55:51 CDT 2008

> The feature of compiling code for multiple types is somewhat orthogonal to
> ndarray support; better treat them seperately and take one at the time.

Well, it's relevant to numpy because if you want to implement - for
example - a numpy sort, then you've got to deal with an unspecified
number of dimensions, and one of a range of specified types, otherwise
you will end up copying, casting, rejecting types and so on...