[Numpy-discussion] Sparse Matrices in Numpy -- (with eigenvalue algorithms if possible)

Nathan Bell wnbell@gmail....
Mon Jun 23 20:08:01 CDT 2008

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 3:36 PM, Dan Yamins <dyamins@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm wondering if there is a currently-available Sparse-Matrix package for
> numpy?  If so, how do I get it?    And, if there is a good sparse-matrix
> package, does it include an eigenvalue-computation algorithm?  How would a
> sparse-matrix package interact with something like numpy.linalg.eig, or for
> that matter any of the other numpy modules?

The next version of SciPy will include two sparse eigensolvers: ARPACK

If you're familiar with MATLAB's eigs(), then you'll find ARPACK easy to use.

Nathan Bell wnbell@gmail.com