[Numpy-discussion] Will f2py ever be used in numpy ?

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Mon Mar 10 02:11:33 CDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 1:49 AM, David Cournapeau
<cournapeau@cslab.kecl.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-03-09 at 23:11 -0500, Robert Kern wrote:
>  >
>  > Almost certainly f2py will never be used to build any part of numpy
>  > itself because we will not include something that requires a FORTRAN
>  > compiler to build numpy.
>  Can't f2py be used to wrap C code, too ?

Yes, but it's probably going to be easier to wrap whatever by hand
than try to ensure that f2py bootstraps correctly, scons or no scons.

Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco