[Numpy-discussion] creating large arrays cause memory error, although there is more than enough RAM

Vladislav Petyuk petyuk@gmail....
Tue Mar 11 01:11:58 CDT 2008

I have Memory Error if I try to create numpy arrays or large size like
100-500 Mb (e.g. 30000 x 3000 'float32' array)
My computer has 3 Gb of RAM, which is well enough to handle these arrays.
And there is definetely memory available.
Nevertheless, the program crushes with "Potential Memory Error".
I would appreciate any tips for tackling this problem.

This problem is similar to the one described before: