[Numpy-discussion] Numpy installation

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Mon Mar 31 22:06:37 CDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 4:17 PM, Amit Itagi <aitagi@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am having problems with numpy installation.
> 1) These is an atlas 3.8.0 library installed somewhere in the search path.
> However, the installation gives errors with that installation. Is there a
> way to tell the installer to install the default (possibly slower) blas,
> instead of using the one in the path ?

Create a site.cfg file with the appropriate section; copy and modify
the site.cfg.example file.

> 2) Also, my main Python directory is called Python-2.5.2. When I try to
> configure with the install<prefix>, it changes Python-2.5.2 to
> "python-2.5.2" and creates a new directory. How can I make the installer not
> convert the upper-case "P" to a lower-case ?

Can you give more information like the platform you are on, the full
path to this directory, the exact commands that you executed, and the
results of these commands?

Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
 -- Umberto Eco