[Numpy-discussion] numpy in RHEL4

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Tue May 6 14:40:14 CDT 2008

On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 4:21 AM, Bala subramanian
<bala.biophysics@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Robert,
> Thank you. But i am trying to install it in a 32-bit machine only. In that
> case, why dose it require 64 bit libraries.

Well, judging from the paths on the command line, Python thinks it is
on a 64-bit machine: build/temp.linux-x86_64-2.3/

How did you build Python? If you didn't build it, where did you get it
from? You can check what kind of platform it thinks it is on with the

>>> import platform
>>> platform.architecture()
('64bit', 'ELF')
>>> platform.processor()