[Numpy-discussion] Going toward time-based release ?

Christopher Hanley chanley@stsci....
Mon May 12 12:02:53 CDT 2008

Jarrod Millman wrote:
> I can't imagine why anyone would have to upgrade.  Could you explain
> under what circumstances you would see having to upgrade just because
> their is a new upstream release?  I think I must be misunderstanding
> your concern.
One circumstance in which you would need to upgrade is if you distribute
software with a numpy dependency.  If your user base upgrades to the
latest numpy release, and that latest release breaks your code, you will
have unhappy users.

Christopher Hanley
Systems Software Engineer
Space Telescope Science Institute