[Numpy-discussion] gcov testing of C extensions (was Going toward time-based release ?)

Alan McIntyre alan.mcintyre@gmail....
Tue May 13 12:14:18 CDT 2008

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 3:09 AM, Stéfan van der Walt <stefan@sun.ac.za> wrote:
>  The much more important issue is
>  having the C extensions tested, and if anyone can figure out a way to
>  get gcov to generate those coverage reports, I'd be in the seventh
>  heaven.  Thus far, the only way I know of is to build one large,
>  static Python binary that includes numpy.

Has anybody managed to build numpy into a static binary?  It looks
like somebody did it recently for some of the Python standard

Unless it's already been tried and deemed not possible, I'll have a go
at doing this with numpy and post the outcome.