[Numpy-discussion] New ufuncs

T J tjhnson@gmail....
Mon Nov 10 18:15:14 CST 2008

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 4:05 PM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:
> I added log2 and exp2. I still need to do the complex versions. I think
> logaddexp2 should go in also to compliment these.

Same here, especially since logaddexp is present.  Or was the idea
that both logexpadd and logexpadd2 should be moved to scipy.special?

> Note that MPL also defines
> log2 and their version has slightly different properties, i.e., it returns
> integer values for integer powers of two.

I'm just curious now.  Can someone comment on the difference in the
implementation just committed versus that in cephes?

The difference won't matter to me as far as usage goes, but I was curious.